Our Chuch - Vision and Mission
Vision and Mission for 2010-2013
Vision: Spreading Scriptural Holiness, Transforming the Nation
- Christians are to be the salt and light to the world; radically different from non-Christians. (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Christians are to be spiritually and morally distinct and must penetrate, influence and change the non-Christian society. To be effective, Christians must retain Christian distinctive.
Lifelong Discipleship – Following Christ, Becoming Like Christ
Discipleship is a lifelong lifestyle process of becoming like Jesus with visible fruit of a transformed life submitted to the lordship of Christ.
Characteristic of a disciple of Christ is GROWTH:
Growing Up into spiritual maturity
Growing Together in fellowship with one another through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Growing Out in service to the community and the world
Growing More in numbers by spreading out into the world
Discipleship in Action: Through a Growing commitment to know the truth, believe in the truth, live out the truth, advance the truth and hold on to the truth.
- Every disciple/church member continue to grow holistically as above
Wholesome Families – Growing Strong Families in Christ
Strong families experiencing deepening spiritual dynamics, healthy relationships, committed in faith and service, credible witness and leadership in the Kingdom of God
- Cultivate godly values and biblical standards for families, particularly the father takes the lead as the spiritual head of the family
- Strengthen parenting relationships of parents and children
- Build and promote godly families that can be role models; foster family programs and family events
A Voice to Our Nation – Seeking our Nation’s Welfare in Christ
A voice that speaks up and being heard for social concerns, social justice and social action
- Prepare the next generation for cultural influence
- Reflect Christian values in workplace
- Bring Christian influence through education; kindergarten, school, college, university
- Involve in community/family projects; orphanage, etc
- Expand OA ministry, raise education level & financial well-beings, etc
A Vision for the World – Embracing Local and Global Missions for Christ
Witnessing to the NYB (Not Yet Believer) both locally and globally
- Be a missions-minded and missionary sending church
- Reach out to the unchurched in our neighbourhood; migrant workers, students in schools, Colleges, Universities
- Plant congregation/churches